Monday 16 October 2017

My view on Springbok

Springbok tour: It all started on the 19th of July, 1981. 36 years ago, as of 2017. I have been chosen for the protester's side. What I do know is that Springbok is a town in South Africa, and is also an animal native to South Africa. And also, my parents have NEVER mentioned the word 'Springbok' to me. The protesters were trying to stop the rugby game from happening, but the rugby supporters wanted the game to happen. Then the protesters got into a massive fight, almost a civil war, with the police. Apparently the Springboks did not want the Maori All Blacks to play. Basically all that happened was heaps of punching, fighting, kicking, bleeding, and shooting (I think).

1 comment:

  1. Mate, thanks for your post. Do you have an understanding as to what cause the protestors were protesting on behalf of? If not, take another look - especially in terms of the term 'apartheid'.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I am looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Introduce yourself.
2. Give me some positive feedback on my post - but be specific.
3. Think about something I could do to improve my post - but be specific.
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback too!

Thanks,
Matē