Tuesday 31 July 2018

Social Studies #1: The 1974 Dawn Raids

In the morning of some day in 1974, at around 3am, police burst into houses with really big, bright spotlights and [BLEEP]s. The government then forced the Pacifica people out of their Auckland homes, and get back on planes bound for Tonga, Samoa, Fiji etc, due to a huge economic downturn. Even though they were welcomed with open arms into New Zealand in the late '50's, most of them were still kicked out of NZ.
But a few Pacifica people made up an anti-racism gang called the Black Panthers, who protested against the NZ government to keep the Pacifica people in New Zealand. But unfortunately, it didn't really work. And that's my view on the 1974 Dawn Raids, first social study for 2018!
See ya on the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I am looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Introduce yourself.
2. Give me some positive feedback on my post - but be specific.
3. Think about something I could do to improve my post - but be specific.
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback too!

Thanks,
Matē